Lavatera - My Favorite Things
Dates & Times
Dec 10, 20191:00pm - 3:00pm
Our next event will be our Christmas party on Tuesday, December 10, 1:00-3:00p, at the home of Cyndi and Jack Riehle. Their address is 5280 CR 125, Wildwood, FL 34785. We will have some sweet and savory snacks.
This will be a “My Favorite Things” party theme. Below is how you come prepared to participate:
Think of an item you absolutely love that is $7.00 in value.
Bring 3 of that SAME ITEM wrapped INDIVIDUALLY (3 gifts total, but three of the exact same gift) in Christmas paper or a gift bag etc. NO NAMES on the gifts, please.
When you arrive at the party with your gifts, there will be a table set up to put your gifts on. Jan will help you with that and she will write your name on 3 pieces of paper that will be thrown into a bowl from which your name will be drawn.
When it is your turn to participate in the “MY Favorite Things,” you will simply get up and draw 3 names out of the bowl.
You will give your 3 gifts to the 3 people whose name you drew.
As they are opening your gift, you may tell why it is one of your favorite things.
Everyone that participates will go home with 3 gifts. (That is why you bring 3 gifts individually wrapped)
Have fun and enjoy thinking of your favorite things you love!
Frequently asked questions:
Q. Can I still come to the party if I don’t want to participate?
Q. What if I want to make my gift, can I make a gift?
A. Yes, however you want to make sure it is around $7.00 in value. We want to be as fair as possible across the board.
Q. Does the gift have to be Christmas or can I bring anything?
A. The PARTY is a Christmas theme, but not the GIFTS. It can be ANYTHING, but it has to be YOUR favorite thing! It just needs to be wrapped or in a gift bag for Christmas.
Q. Can you give me an example of how this works?
A. Yes! One of my favorite things is a kitchen tomato knife. I absolutely love it! It cost $7.00. I purchase 3 kitchen tomato knives and I wrap them each individually in Christmas paper or Christmas gift bag. I bring all 3 gifts/knives to the party with NO NAME on it. When it is my turn to draw, I will draw 3 names to receive “My Favorite Thing” (my knife). I will get up and draw their names and hand them my gifts that are wrapped. While they are opening the gift, I will share with the group what I brought and why it's my favorite thing. The ladies who received it will get to take my gift home as well as 2 other gifts that others will bring and draw their names.
Q. How much will I be spending?
A. Your total cost for the 3 items would be $21.00. (A total from the item being worth $7.00.)
Q. What if mine cost more with tax or a little less, is that ok?
A. Yes, that is fine!
Q. I need a ride, who do I call?
A. Barb Nesselrotte 352-303-3385
We need you register for this event by Wed, Dec. 6th so we can have an accurate number for the food. If you have trouble registering, please contact Kevin at 615-815-8917. There must be a one-time setup, but the easiest way to register with no codes is using the Church Center app on your smartphone or tablet. You can also register with Shirley at the information desk on Sunday mornings.
Our team is very excited to see and hear about all of your favorite things and celebrate Jesus’ birth this Christmas season with you. May we never forget the reason HE came! Thank you JESUS for being born to die for us so we can live forever with you! WE LOVE and ADORE YOU!!!
Your Team Leaders,
Michelle, Kevin, Cyndi, Susan, Jan, Pat, & Linda
How to Register:
- Please click the blue/green REGISTER button above to start the registration process.
- Enter your email address in the field. If you are not in our system, you will be prompted to enter your information before continuing.
- Choose who you are registering by clicking in the box by the name.
- If you see a box that says "Please Select," click the "v" on the far right of that box and select the type of attendee for which you're registering.
- If you wish to register someone else in your household, or a guest that is not a part of your family, you do so by choosing the appropriate button below your attendee type BEFORE CLICKING the NEXT button.
- If you need to modify any of your contact information so that we may better keep in touch, or to receive proper updates about this event, click the RECEIVE A VERIFICATION EMAIL button and check your inbox. Otherwise, skip to the next step. Remember, if it doesn't hit your inbox within a couple of minutes, check your Spam or Junk folder.
- If you DO NOT need to update your information, click the REVIEW & PAY button.
- Enter your credit card information in the space provided (unless this is a FREE event).
- When the process is complete, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL letting you know that the registration was a success. If you do not receive your confirmation, please click here and let us know so that we can help you.